EASA Approves Aspen Avionics’ EFD1000H PFD for Installation in Bell and Bell/Agusta 206 Helicopters
Avionik Straubing EASA STC now available for Bell and Bell/Agusta operators
Albuquerque, NM, June 29, 2015: Aspen Avionics, manufacturer of the Evolution Flight Display System (EFD), announced today European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval for installation of its EFD1000H Primary Flight Display (PFD) into Bell and Bell/Agusta 206 models under EASA Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) 10053378.
The lightweight and compact form factor of Aspen’s helicopter PFD system is a perfect fit for the Bell 206 platform. The EFD1000H PFD is a solid-state electronic flight instrument system which provides a modern alternative to mechanical attitude indicators, directional gyros and horizontal situation indicators. The EASA approval now provides a path for Bell 206 operators to affordably upgrade their aging mechanical instruments with reliable glass panel technology.
“Aspen’s unique retrofit technology is ideal for the helicopter market,” says Mark Ferrari, Aspen’s vice president of sales and customer support. “The combination of superior digital ADAHRS reliability, affordable pricing, and robust features that increase situational awareness is what makes the Evolution Flight Display System such a compelling solution for Bell 206 operators.”
EFD1000H PFD features:
- Airspeed, attitude, altitude, turn rate, slip/skid, magnetic direction and vertical speed
- Available with either slaved directional gyro (DG) or horizontal situation indicator (HSI) functionality
- DG and HSI pilot configurable for either 360 degree or 100 degree arc views
- Map of GPS flight plan may be under laid behind DG or HSI
- HSI version provides full interface with navigation receivers
- Solid-state air data computer and attitude reference system
- Built-in 30 minute backup battery
- Built-in emergency GPS sensor
The single EFD1000H PFD system retails for $14,995 USD. Customers should contact Florian Kindzorra at Avionik Straubing or their Aspen Avionics authorized dealer for additional installation and STC package costs.
Avionik Straubing GmbH
Flugplatz Wallmuehle, Flugplatzstrasse 5
Phone +49 9429 94240
Fax +49 9429 942424
CONTACT: Florian Kindzorra email@example.com
Click here to learn more about Aspen’s helicopter display systems.
High resolution Evolution Flight Display images are available at www.aspenavionics.com/news/media-resources.