Aspen Avionics Expands ADS-B Product Line
Affordable, Single- and Dual-Band Solutions Provide Pilots More Options – Deliveries Begin October 2014
EAA AirVenture - Oshkosh, WI, July 28, 2014: Aspen Avionics announced today it has expanded its ADS-B product line to include more options to meet the NextGen ADS-B mandate.
“Designed to work with what aircraft owners already have in their panels, Aspen’s NextGen ADS-B line provides an easy, cost-effective path to meeting the upcoming ADS-B Out mandate, said John Uczekaj, president and CEO, Aspen Avionics. “In keeping with our philosophy of designing affordable and flexible avionics solutions, Aspen’s expanded ADS-B product line provides the features pilots want, while leveraging installed avionics to keep flyaway costs low.”
Aspen Avionics was the first avionics manufacturer to sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the NextGen GA Fund, a public-private partnership whose goal is to help operators meet the ADS-B mandate. “We are working very closely with this initiative to ensure aircraft operators have the technical solutions and financial resources to comply with the mandate,” said Perri Coyne, director of marketing operations. “Our goal is to provide a wider range of cost-effective opportunities for aircraft owners to meet the ADS-B Out requirement in 2020."
Aspen’s single-band and dual band ADS-B solutions are all compatible with Aspen Evolution PFDs and MFDs. Each of the Aspen ADS-B solutions can utilize either a single, bottom-mounted antenna or a diversity antenna system* with top and bottom mounted antennas for optimum traffic detection.
Aspen single band ADS-B transceivers receive and transmit on 978 MHz Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) frequency.
- ATX100 – ADS-B transceiver provides an ADS-B solution for aircraft equipped with a Mode A/C transponder and a WAAS GPS navigation receiver. Receives ADS-B subscription-free weather, traffic and meets ADS-B Out mandate below 18,000 feet.
- ATX100G – ADS-B transceiver with internal WAAS GPS sensor provides a solution for aircraft equipped with a Mode A/C transponder without a compatible WAAS GPS navigation receiver. Receives ADS-B subscription-free weather, traffic and meets ADS-B out mandate below 18,000 feet.
Aspen Dual band ADS-B systems receive signals on both 978 MHz Universal Access Transceiver (UAT) and 1090 MHz. The transceiver models also transmit on 978 MHz. Dual band ADS-B In ensures all ADS-B traffic targets with ADS-B Out are received especially when flying in areas of poor ADS-B ground station coverage.
- ARX100 – Dual-band receiver provides an ADS-B In solution for aircraft that have a Mode S transponder with Extended Squitter (ES) plus a WAAS GPS navigation receiver and already meet the ADS-B Out requirement.. Provides ADS-B subscription-free weather and traffic.
- ATX200 – Dual-band In, 978 MHz Out ADS-B transceiver provides an ADS-B solution for aircraft with a Mode A/C transponder and WAAS-GPS navigation receiver. Receives ADS-B subscription-free weather, traffic and meets ADS-B Out mandate below 18,000 feet.
- ATX200G – Dual-band In, 987 MHz Out transceiver with internal WAAS GPS sensor provides an ADS-B solution for aircraft already equipped with a Mode A/C transponder without a WAAS GPS navigation receiver. Receives ADS-B subscription-free weather, traffic and meets ADS-B Out mandate below 18,000 feet.
Availability and Pricing
Aspen's single-band ADS-B products will become available starting in October 2014.
The Aspen ADS-B hardware and software products are priced as follows:
• The ATX100 single-band transceiver retails for $3,495
• The ATX100G single-band transceiver with GPS retails for $4,995
• The ARX100 dual-band receiver retails for $1,695
• The ATX200 dual-band In, 978 MHz Out transceiver retails for $3,995
• The ATX200G dual-band In, 987 MHz Out transceiver with WAAS GPS retails for $5,495
*Antenna(s) not included in price
ADS-B with Aspen PFD and MFD
Visit Aspen’s online ADS-B solutions configurator tool to determine which Aspen solution best meets your needs. The configurator may be found at www.aspenavionics.com/easyadsb.