MEDIA ALERT: Aspen Receives FAA Approval for New Software Release
• Enables integration with the Garmin GFC600 digital autopilot
• New ARINC bus change supports selected altitude use with Trio or AeroCruze digital autopilots
• Extended runway centerlines on MFD500/1000 MAX multi-function displays
Albuquerque, NM, February 2, 2023: Today, Aspen Avionics announces the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has approved new software enabling integration of Garmin’s GFC600 digital autopilot with Aspen’s EFD1000 Pro MAX Primary Flight Display (PFD), selected altitude support for Trio and the Bendix/King AeroCruze 100 autopilots, and extended runway centerlines on the MFD500/1000 MAX multi-function displays. Additionally, with the new software release the Evolution E5 Dual Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) is now a TSO’d Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS).
The software unlock package for the Garmin GFC600 digital autopilot upgrade is now available for $1,995 through any Aspen Avionics authorized dealer. Aircraft owners should contact their installers regarding the availability and details of the Garmin GFC600 Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for their aircraft type.
Free features of the new software release (v2.12) also include extended runway centerlines on the Evolution MFD500/1000 MAX multi-function display(s) and is also available through any Aspen authorized dealer. Dealers may charge a fee to cover their labor for the software update.
“Aspen’s Pro MAX PFD coupled with the Garmin GFC600 autopilot enhances and expands the basic autopilot function and streamlines the controls, reducing workload and removes the need for some external adapters. When combined with all the features and benefits of Aspen’s glass panel technology, flying becomes easier and safer, especially for single pilot IFR missions,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president of sales and customer support. “We have been working diligently to ensure the owners who currently have a digital autopilot or are considering replacing their analog autopilot have a cost-effective, highly robust and easy-to-use glass display at an affordable price point,” continued Ferrari.
In addition to supporting a large line of analog autopilots, Aspen Avionics is always seeking opportunities to advance collaboration with all manufacturer’s digital autopilot options to bring more choices to the general aviation community. We currently work with following digital autopilot manufacturers: Garmin, Genesys, Avidyne, Trio and, Bendix/King AeroCruze.
Pro MAX v2.12 for the GFC600 digital autopilot interface features:
- Basic autopilot output functions; HDG bug, CRS, Lt/Rt, Up/Dn, etc…
- IAS hold mode / Electronic Stability & Protection (ESP) – no external ADC is required, all data is supplied by the Aspen display
- Altitude and airspeed preselect – targets can be set on the Aspen display
- GPS data is routed through the Aspen display to the GFC600– no external switching is required
- Flight Director command bars on the Pro MAX – No ACU is required
- Vertical speed preselect – target can be set on the Aspen display
Summary of software release with new enhancements:
- Extended runway centerlines on MFD500/1000 MAX multi-function displays
- TSO approval of Evolution E5 – New Evolution E5s now carry the same TSO pedigree as our latest MAX series of displays - Customers with previous software versions of the E5 may upgrade to the TSO'd version for $995
- About Aspen Avionics, Inc.
A new way to look at avionics.™
Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced display and sensor technology from the commercial and business aviation markets into general aviation cockpits—and budgets. Together, our Evolution Flight Display System, and NexNav™ GPS sensors help enable the aviation community to affordably meet the FAA’s NextGen mandate. Aspen is also responsible for introducing the industry’s first wireless technology that enables transmission of flight plans from an iPad to certified avionics with its patented Connected™ Panel. At Aspen Avionics, we design products to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own. The company can be found online at www.aspenavionics.com, and may be reached at (505) 856-5034.