Aspen’s NexNav™ Micro-i GPS Receiver/Sensor for Experimental Aircraft Available
Provides an affordable and approved alternative to TSO’d GPS position source for operating in ADS-B airspace for experimental aircraft
EAA AirVenture, Oshkosh, WI, July 26, 2016: Aspen Avionics (Hangar B, booth 2145) announced today it is expanding beyond the manufacturer sales channel to deliver its NexNav Micro-i GPS receiver/sensor through Aspen’s authorized dealer network. The aftermarket sales channel will offer experimental aircraft owners an affordable and compliant GPS position source for ADS-B Out. The Micro-i is part of the GPS product line acquired through the Aspen Avionics-Accord Technology transaction finalized in June 2015. The Micro-i GPS sensor is expected to be available through Aspen’s dealer network in the 4th quarter of 2016.
At a list price of only $800, Aspen’s NexNav Micro-i is compliant to 14 CFR 91.225 and 91.27 for ADS-B GPS performance and meets FAA AC 90-114 Change 1 for experimental aircraft in ADS-B-ruled air space.
“This is the perfect GPS WAAS position source solution for experimental aircraft to operate in ADS-B-ruled airspace. The NexNav Micro-i is unquestionably the most affordable solution especially considering its size, weight and power and performance characteristics for both OEM and end users,” said Hal Adams, Aspen Avionics executive vice president for business development.
• Meets position source performance requirements of 14 CFR §91.227(c) for ADS-B OUT
• TSO C199, Class B (pending)
• GPS L1 C/A code sensor with SBAS capability (10 GPS +2 SBAS channels)
• Compatible with WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS and GAGAN
• Receiver autonomous integrity monitoring (RAIM)
• Fault detection and exclusion (FDE)
• Lightning protection, EMI/EMC protection
• Dimensions: 4.3 x 3.1 x 1.1 inches
• Weight: < 0.4 pounds
• Power Input: 8 to 36 VDC, < 1.0 watt
• RF Connector: MCX Female
• I/O Connector: D Type, 9 Pin
• I/O Data Format: RS-232, NMEA 0183
Image download: Aspen NexNav Micro-i
Press Contact: Perri Coyne
Aspen Avionics, Inc.
19820 N. 7th Street, Suite 150
Phoenix, AZ 85024