Genesys Aerosystems Utilizes Aspen Avionics’ Pro 1000H PFD As Primary Attitude Source for HeliSAS
Becker Helicopters of Australia is first customer to equip fleet of Bell 206 helicopters with the new Evolution Pro 1000H digital HeliSAS system
Heli-Expo 2016; Louisville, KY, Feb 29, 2016: Aspen Avionics (Booth #9235) announced today it is partnering with Genesys Aerosystems (Booth #806) to integrate its Evolution Pro 1000H Primary Flight Display (PFD) as a primary attitude source for the Genesys HeliSAS system. The Pro 1000H provides a solid-state, digital solution to replace aging iron gyros leading to better performance.
Becker Helicopters, based on the Sunshine Coast of Australia, is the world’s largest Bell 206 commercial fleet operator. Becker has already upgraded eight of their Bell 206s with the Aspen Pro 1000H and Genesys HeliSAS solution and have designed four fully functional and integrated Bell 206 simulators. Plans are in place to upgrade the remaining helicopters in their fleet of 18 rotorcraft.
“We recognize that HeliSAS has become an important tool in workload reduction and when partnered with the Pro 1000H, the pilot will have the ultimate benefit in situational awareness and safety,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president sales and customer support. Additionally, operators will enjoy the benefits of an updated cockpit with the latest digital glass cockpit solution.”
HeliSAS STCs currently exist for Aspen displays on helicopter models such as the Robinson R44, Bell 206, and the Airbus AS350. Genesys is near completion of adding the Aspen interface to HeliSAS on to their Robinson R44 STC with other models to follow in the near future.
Aspen’s Evolution Pro 1000H PFD is a perfect fit for helicopters, with robust AHRS features and the latest in solid-state technology. Special vibration isolation design meets the rigors of demanding helicopter operations.
EFD1000H PFD features:
• Airspeed, attitude, altitude, turn rate, slip/skid, magnetic direction and vertical speed
• Available with either slaved directional gyro (DG) or horizontal situation indicator (HSI) functionality
• DG and HSI pilot configurable for either 360 degree or 100 degree arc views
• Map of GPS flight plan may be underlaid behind DG or HSI
• HSI version provides full interface with navigation receivers
• Solid-state air data computer and attitude reference system
• Built-in 30 minute backup battery
• Built-in emergency GPS sensor
Becker Bell 206 Aspen Installation diagram
HeliSAS is a registered trademark of Genesys Aerosystems
Evolution is a trademark of Aspen Avionics, Inc.